Learning Objective #1: To understand and apply the wilderness medicine concepts in remote environments.
Learning Objective #2: To understand and apply the land search and rescue concepts in remote environments.
Learning Objective #3: To understand and apply the water search and rescue concepts in remote environments.
Learning Objective #4: To discuss the concepts of Incident command, planning and communications during a search and rescue.
Students will need to bring the following:
- All weather gear
- Land and water rescue gear
- Any water and land victim litter systems used by TMU
- Night vision goggles
- Hand held GPS
- Portable radio
- Hydration system
- Full duty gear worn on the boats
- Safety equipment carried on the boats
- Medical gear carried on the boats
- Throw bags
- Flashlights or personal lighting systems
- Any medical or rescue gear carried on their person
- Sun screen and bug spray
- Shallow water boat x 2-3
- Hearing protection to be around helicopter
- Meals, snacks and water/drinks for breaks and meal time on scenario days.
Students will be on land in the brush and open areas along with being in and around the water in the day and night time hours.
TDEM will provide:
- Dry suits for water portion of the class.
- Land and water rescue gear for demo and use during scenarios
**** This in not a certification class by TDEM. This is an awareness class at the basic First Aid/Open Water Rescue level designed to bring further awareness and training to the TMU for future growth within the DPS/TDEM First Responder Program.****
No Ratings have been submitted for this course.
|Date||Time||Instructor||Location||Room Name||Room #|