By the end of this training session the participant will be able to:
- Recognize that the TCIC/NCIC Operation Manual, NCIC Code Manual and all CR Newsletters be current, up-to-date and available to all operators and personnel with TCIC/NCIC access.
- Explain that all TLETS terminals are kept secure from unauthorized viewing and use.
- Point out that all department personnel that handle TCIC/NCIC information are fingerprinted and those fingerprints are submitted for state and national checks.
- Describe that all dispatchers, records, warrants, and investigative personnel and others accessing the TCIC/NCIC system or information derived from the system, are trained in the use of terminals as well as TCIC/NCIC policies and procedures. Maintain TCIC/NCIC training records for TCIC/NCIC/FBI audits.
- Recognize that all department personnel be aware that TCIC/NCIC Computerized Criminal History (CCH) information is confidential and restrictions apply to the purposes for which it can be requested, persons authorized to request the information and how it may be disseminated.
- Discuss written policies regarding TCIC/NCIC related issues.
- Express the importance of contacting the DPS/CRS of any changes in an agency‟s TAC, Agency Administrator, address, email and telephone/fax numbers.
- Restate the importance of the agency‟s NCIC ORI or “QO” file being kept current and up-to-date.
- Point out why quality control messages from TCIC/NCIC should be reviewed and corrected as soon as possible.
- Summarize why TCIC/NCIC records should be validated correctly each month and dicuss the reasons why the signed certification letter should be returned to the Crime Records Service/TCIC Control Center by the due date.
- Identify that all dispatchers/terminal operators are trained in the Hit/Confirmation procedures and ensure that all original warrants, theft reports, protective orders, and missing persons reports, that support all TCIC/NCIC records are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Indicate that all TCIC/NCIC records are entered, removed and contain all available information in accordance with TCIC/NCIC policies and procedures.
No Ratings have been submitted for this course.
|Date||Time||Instructor||Location||Room Name||Room #|